The Brooks

Saturday, September 10, 2011

So thankful

I tell you what, I've had some friends go through hell and back. My best friend gave birth to a beautiful, precious baby boy 4 years ago today, but he passed away 55 days later. Another dear friend lost one of her twin girls 3 years later. I've had friends who have had miscarriages throughout every phase of their pregnancies, I've had friends who have had trouble even getting pregnant, and here I am, complaining about how Whit disobeys or doesn't do what I want. How ungrateful am I? I have known that Forrest's birthday was approaching this week, and then yesterday another best friend from college gave birth to a sweet boy early and he is now in the NICU. I've been at tears the last 24 hours thinking about these friends but also realizing how truly blessed and grateful I am for my 2 precious, beautiful, and above all HEALTHY boys! Thank you, God, for the two miracles who bring me such joy, and for entrusting me to be their mother. What a huge job I have to teach them of God's love for us and for His ultimate sacrifice. He knows what it's like to lose a child. He is right there with these friends who have experienced a loss that I hope and pray I never have to experience. I'm so thankful for a God who comforts those who mourn because He too mourned.
Heavenly Father, thank you for Whit and Thomas and for each and every precious moment I get to spend with them! I pray I never take them for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment