The Brooks

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thomas' Baptism

Today we were honored to baptize our sweet Thomas. Growing up Baptist it's no secret that I've struggled with infant baptism, but this is such a sweet blessing to share with our family. I love that I have made a covenant with God to bring Thomas up in a way that is pleasing to Him and to teach and instruct him about his Heavenly Father. Here are some pictures of the baptism and the luncheon afterwards.

This is more like it...





This gown is an antique. I originally wore it when I graduated from high school, then my mom re-made it for Whit to wear when he was baptized. Thomas got to wear it too. Hopefully one day Hayley's kids can wear it too :)







The kids eating lunch



Uncle Jim came in just for the baptism


























We had talked to Whit for a few days about the baptism- mainly to make sure he would stand still up front. Tonight, after he and John had said his prayers he said "no Daddy, say 'thank you for this day and thank you for Thomas being baptized." I know he doesn't know exactly what it means but it was so sweet to hear! And by the way... Whit was fabulous during the baptism! I was so proud of him. Sandy Wilson also said Thomas was going to be a preacher because he kept reaching for the microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment