The Brooks

Friday, November 4, 2011

Heavy Heart

Today, I have a heavy heart. 4 years ago today sweet Forrest Spence went to be with our Lord in Heaven. I have never really known tragedy until I saw what David and Brittany Spence went through with their precious son. Forrest has helped me be a better mommy I think because I know that there are times I take my boys for granted, but then I think of Forrest and know that I shouldn't.

The day today is cold and gloomy which seems to be like the whole earth is mourning his loss along with his family. As I type this, Thomas is looking up at me with a huge grin and his bright blue eyes that will one day melt the hearts of every girl he meets, and I hear John and Whit playing soccer in the backyard. I'm so humbled and grateful for these gifts, but can't help ask "why"? Why Forrest? Why David and Brittany? All I know is God's plan is perfect, and Forrest and his 55 days were ordained long before this earth was created. I rest knowing that God had a huge plan for sweet little Forrest.

If you are one of the 4 people that read this- please say a prayer for the Spences today. If you are a parent hug your children tighter today and don't take them for granted. Cherish the tantrums and fits along with the hugs and kisses.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you friend! What a beautiful post. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete